Superseed® Extra inoculant is powerful in promoting type A graphite and reducing the risk of nitrogen blowholes. This inoculant is a 75% Si-based ferroalloy especially designed for use in grey iron. It contains balanced additions of strontium and zirconium, which are powerful in promoting type A graphite and reducing the risk of nitrogen blowholes. In addition, the likelihood of hydrogen pinholes and slag generation is minimized by producing the inoculant with a deliberately low aluminum and calcium content.
Superseed® Extra inoculant is produced at the Elkem Bremanger plant in Norway and the Elkem Chicoutimi plant in Canada, using special production methods to ensure maximum uniformity of composition and structure throughout the product.
- Maximum chill reduction in grey iron
- Promotes evenly distributed random type A graphite
- Neutralizes nitrogen by tying it up as zirconium nitride
- Promotes a small graphite flake size, thus minimizing graphite pull-out during machining
- Low aluminum content reduces the risk of hydrogen pinholes
- Effective in grey irons of all sulfur contents