Foundrisil® inoculants give very effective control of chill in grey and ductile irons. Foundrisil® inoculants are available as 67% and 75% Si-based ferroalloys containing optimized amounts of calcium and barium to give very effective control of chill in grey and ductile irons. They are particularly useful in grey iron of lower sulfur content where many inoculants become less effective. In grey iron, the typical sulfur content (> 0.06% S), Foundrisil® inoculant is a very effective, economical product for reducing chill. Addition rates can often be reduced by up to one-third when substituting it for conventional Ca-bearing ferrosilicon. ln grey iron with lower sulfur content, Foundrisil® inoculant gives effective chill control. This is advantageous to foundries producing grey and ductile iron from the same base melt.
- More potent than conventional Ca-bearing inoculants in grey and ductile irons
- More cost-effective than other Ca-bearing inoculants
- Optimum Ca and Ba contents minimize dross
- It can be used in grey, compacted graphite, and ductile irons
- Especially effective in grey irons of lower sulfur content