Ultraseed® Ce is a powerful inoculant designed for use in low nucleation potential irons. Ultraseed® Ce is a powerful inoculant designed for use in low nucleation potential irons, especially those low in base sulfur or made with violent nodularization processes. Ultraseed® Ce is also extremely effective where micro-shrinkage porosity is challenging to eliminate.
It contains small and controlled amounts of sulfur and oxygen in a form that makes them available for reaction with the calcium and cerium in the inoculant during addition to liquid iron. This unique composition is designed to give you highly powerful graphite nucleation and the generation of additional late-stage nodules in ductile irons, along with very effective chill reduction.
- More potent than conventional ferrosilicon-based inoculants
- It gives high nodule count and powerful chill reduction
- Reduces shrinkage tendency more than other inoculants
- It gives powerful effect in low-sulfur irons and irons of a “dead” nature
- Improves tensile properties and machinability for ferritic ductile irons