Elmag® improves nodule counts, nodularity, and structures. Nodularizing treatment using MgFeSi alloys rather than pure Mg generates more nuclei for nodule formation, resulting in higher nodule count and better mechanical properties.
MgFeSi should be regarded as a specialty product in today’s iron foundry environment of tight production schedules and quality requirements. Elmag® nodularisers are precision made to narrow specifications compared to other materials available on the market. This ensures that the alloy recovery and consistency of your iron treatment process are maximized.
- A wide range of MgFeSi grades to accommodate each foundry’s treatment process
- Specialty treatment alloys for specific metal grades and applications in the foundry industry
- Narrow product specifications to give the highest consistency of Mg recovery
- Reduced slag inclusions, improved nodule counts, nodularity, and structures
- Cost-effective with lower environmental impact and reduced fume
- Production close to major foundry clusters